Operations Officer (Afwikkeling & Containers Logistics)
Job description Operations Officer
The Operations Officer plays an important role in the service profile of the company.
The primary responsibilities are the accurate and efficient transportation of multiple commodities, currently mainly containerized cocoa, and the processing and management of shipping documents. Clear communication, effective planning and strong commitment to successful execution are key competences.
You bring good knowledge of international shipping, shipping and trade documents and logistics and working with third party service providers, preferably in an international trading environment in which containerized shipments are common.
Reports to the Head of Operations
1. Contract execution
3. Transport Insurance
1. Contract execution
• Responsible for sound execution of sale and purchase contracts
• Raise and follow up shipping instructions according to contract conditions
• Check and process international shipping documents
• Liaise with banks on shipping documents
• Solid communication with, and provide support to, finance and trade team
• Negotiate and make agreements with logistics service providers
• Book transport of cargoes, mainly containerized cargoes, with transportation companies
• Liaise with warehousing companies about the handling and storage of commodities
• Instruct cargo surveyors
3. Transport insurance
• Arrange insurance for all shipments and stocks where insurance is applicable
Education, knowledge and experience
HBO (Higher Vocational Education) or higher in preferably Logistics.
Experience in shipping of containers and handling relevant shipping documents in an international trade environment, preferably commodities.
Knowledge of handling of Incoterms, shipping/trade documents, documentary collections and transport insurance.
Effective communicator and negotiator
Fluent in English, and preferably French and Spanish, both verbal and written
Strong logistical and problem solving skills
MS Office, ERP/Dycotrade CTRM skills is an advantage
Entrepreneurial, pro-active, dynamic and looking for opportunities to improve operations
Focus, commitment and determination
Able to cope with high work pressure
Working with different cultures
Rotterdam, the Netherlands