(INGEVULD) Post-Fixture Officer Dry Cargo (Afwikkelaar)
Vacancy: Post-Fixture Officer – Dry Cargo
Our client is a leading global supplier of molasses and liquid products for animal feed, fermentation and other industrial uses as well as dry cargo products, such as beet pulp pellets and citrus pulp pellet. It is a highly entrepreneurial company providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.
The Amsterdam office is responsible for the European and Asian business within the Liquid / Dry Products Division and we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Post-Fixture Officer Dry Cargo. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to further develop her / his career within the soft commodities industry.
The ideal candidate has a proven track of hands-on experience in a similar position ensuring flawless, efficient and effective settlement of purchase and sales contracts.
The Post-Fixture Officer is the primary contact for the customers, suppliers, agents and surveyors to safeguard a correct execution of contracts. This includes the handling and issuing of contracts, Letters of Credit, organizing import and export documentation, the handling of charter party contracts, insurance arrangements of the products transported and stored, demurrage and claims handling and final invoicing to the customer.
The Post-Fixture Officer is the linking pin in our operations and we offer a challenging role in a dynamic environment.
• Bachelor degree, preferably in Logistics or Maritime.
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in an international trading environment.
• Knowledge of the commodity Trading/Shipping industry – both liquid bulk and dry bulk shipments.
• Good theoretical and practical understanding of Logistics, INCO-terms and Letters of Credit.
• Fluent in business English and German are required and Dutch preferred. Extra languages are advantageous.
• Accurate, flexible and adaptable; you must be eager to experience different working environments and able to adjust quickly. Keen to take on new challenges.
• Must be very organized and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Able to balance multiple priorities while working tight deadlines with no nine to five mentality.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with others and provide them with your support and/or leadership.
• Determined, resilient and eager to join the organization.