As a Chartering Manager (Inbound Shipping) you act as category lead for chartering across the company’s Group in Europe and you are responsible for the freight procurement process that supports the overall strategy to provide a stable supply chain of shipping resources to deliver raw material safely, on time and at a competitive price, whilst minimizing the environmental impact of this activity.
You will be responsible for:
· To act as European category lead in developing the long term strategy for chartering activities for the Group.
· To manage implementation of the Group strategy at European level with responsibility for delivering annual and long term chartering objectives.
· To ensure common standards and procedures are followed across the Group in compliance with the Companies Procurement, Health and Safety standards and compliance policies.
· Source and negotiate contracts for chartering vessels to carry bulk raw materials to hubs at cost competitive terms.
· To ensure freight contracts are aligned to the inbound bulk shipping strategy and provide a long term competitive position that has sufficient flexibility to meet the service demands of the business.
· To develop and maintain a network of relationships with major bulk shipping owners and operators on a global basis.
· To manage the legal interface and process with both internal and external lawyers in the event of contract disputes / arbitrations and / or General Average events.